Informatics Technical Advisor
Estimated Period of Performance: 6/15/2023 to 6/14/2028
Place of Performance: Pretoria, South Africa
About Integral Global
Integral Global Consulting (IGC) is an 8(a) Small Business Certified firm that works with US and international government organizations, health sectors, and other consulting groups to develop and implement sustainable public health solutions. IGC has strong in-country partnerships with organizations that can rapidly mobilize to support the needs of our partners. With a strong track record of working with Ministries of governments in Central Asia, South Asia, the Middle East and sub-Sahara Africa, our team has extensive knowledge of in-country operations through a variety of mechanisms that allow us to support partners in achieving goals. Over the last five years, IGC has had extensive impact coordinating and implementing public health programs, including epidemiological and laboratory training, outbreak investigations, infrastructure development for capacity building programs, and logistical needs. Integral has worked with agencies such as USAID, the Department of State, the Department of Defense, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Through these partnerships, we have effectively managed inter-agency coordination between government and non-governmental partners to bring resources where they are most needed.
The contractor will independently provide Health Information System (HIS) support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of CDC South Africa in implementing PEPFAR and supporting the Government of South Africa to: (1) reduce fragmentation in its health management information systems (HIS) and promote creation of national unique patient identifier and a comprehensive electronic medical record (EMR) system; (2) better utilize data collected from HIS to improve quality of patient care; and (3) strengthen program monitoring of government of South Africa and PEPFAR investments. The primary objectives of the contractor are to:
- Provide expert scientific direction and input in the areas of health management information systems design, implementation, and utilization.
- Provide relevant technical support and guidance to existing PEPFAR technical staff and cooperative agreement implementing partners.
- Support the increased availability and quality of data for evidence-based monitoring and development, capacity building and increase data use at the national, sub-national, and facility levels.
- Strengthen data management and quality improvement, aligning PEPFAR and Government of
South Africa indicators and reporting systems.
Minimum Qualifications and/or Certifications
- Graduate degree in informatics, computer science, or other related field; advanced training in epidemiology and public health evaluation.
- International experience working with Ministries/Departments of Health, with a strong preference for prior work experience working with South Africa’s National Department of Health.
- Experience in analyzing data from PEPFAR information systems including DATIM, Expenditure Analysis, and SIMS.
- Only U.S. citizens or non-U.S. citizens who have lived in the U.S. at least three of the last five years are eligible to provide services under this task order.
- The exception to this is an incumbent non-U.S. citizen contractor employee with current, valid security clearance for physical and logical access to CDC and embassy facilities and network. This does not include ordinarily residents: a U.S. citizen or Third Country National who: (1) is a local resident; (2) has legal, permanent resident status within the host country; and (3) is subject to host country employment and tax laws. This also includes host country citizens.
- 2 trips to international location (including United States) for up to 5 days plus travel.
- 10 trips within South Africa for up to 5 days plus travel.
To apply for the Informatics Technical Advisor position please submit a Cover Letter and Resume to Human Resources – email@example.com