Business Planning Specialist
Applicants who are (1) a local resident of Pakistan; (2) have legal, permanent resident status within Pakistan; or (3) are subject to the Pakistan country employment and tax laws are not eligible for this role.
Remote with up to 20% travel.
Anticipated start date September 30th, 2023
CDC has worked closely with the Government of Pakistan (GOP) and other public health partners in country since 1988. Today, the CDC Division of Global Public Health Protection (DGHP) works with partners to enhance global health security and expand efforts and strategies to protect and improve public health globally. In addition to supporting the Field Epidemiology and Training Program (FETP) and Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA), DGHP works with partners to help the country meet International Health Regulation (IHR) standards and address joint external evaluation (JEE) findings. Major focuses of DGHP’s work in Pakistan include strengthening surveillance systems, laboratory networks, workforce development, and emergency management systems, as well as antimicrobial resistance, infection prevention and control, and points of entry.
The contractor shall provide technical assistance to the CDC Pakistan Office to build the capacity of the grant recipient in meeting the HHS and CDC grants management requirements. The contractor shall work collaboratively with Pakistan NIH to ensure the correct and appropriate implementation, adherence to, and the cooperative agreement processes, procedures, guidance, policies, rules, and mandates. This shall include compliance with the statutes, regulations and policies that govern HHS/CDC funds.
- Grants management experience
- Demonstrated experience using HHS & CDC policies, regulations, and systems (such as Grants Management Module GMM)
- Experience providing grants management support (framework, processes, and tools)
- Experience conducting pre-award surveys, grant audit resolution, broad internal control and review of specific concerns with grant management issues
- Demonstrated experience assessing documents for human resources, procurement, budget, as required by CDC and USG policy, recommending improvements, recommendations on electronic file systems,
- Experience drafting procedures and training manual on data record systems, train staff in management of records system
- Language: Fluency in writing, speaking, and reading of English (Level IV) required and Urdu (Level IV) recommended.
To apply for the Business Planning Specialist position please submit a Cover Letter and Resume to Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org